For many organizations, resilience has become synonymous with stress management, but the resilience challenges post and during the global pandemic present brand-new challenges that need brand new solutions. A recent study was completed by surveying 1,000 US employees and 228 US employers. Overall, the survey identified that there is a mental health crisis that does not seem to be resolving. A lot is being done by employers, but they do not know if they are doing the right things. 90% of employers are concerned that their employees are experiencing burnout, and for good reason. 45% of employees surveyed have experienced symptoms of burnout over the last twelve months. Not surprisingly, 38% of employees say their mental health and well-being has been negatively impacted by COVID-19.
Now from the Employer perceptive only 37% of employers feel they have a strong understanding of the mental health and wellbeing of their people; this can be compared to the only 31% of employees who actually feel supported. This survey gathered many insights about what types of approaches employers are using to address burnout and mental health, and they have varying levels of perceived impact.
Earning the WELCOA Faculty Staff credentials allows us access to resources and tools to help your organization, when you are ready to act, here are a few key tactics to take into consideration:
- Create a strategy and take action.
- What gets measured gets managed.
- Provide mental-health training organization-wide
TOP 5 INTERVENTIONS FOR SUPPORTING WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Offering increased paid time off (91%)
- Offering increased support for parents (89%)
- Focusing on productivity, rather than working hours (89%)
- Asking your employees how they would like to improve the work-life balance (84%)
- Providing managers and leadership with training around promoting work-life balance among colleagues (80%)
Being active is a great way to maintain our physical and mental health. Join the American Heart Association for Fierce 5 movement breaks, workouts, streaming events, tips and activities that will motivate you to move more every day so you can Live Fierce. https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living/fitness/fitness-basics/move-more-together